Read what one of Laurence’s students said about this course (Ted is currently sailing in the Mediterranean, part way through a three-and-a-half year circumnavigation).
I want to thank you for your course on marine diesel maintenance which at the time we thought might prove to be of use, but has in fact turned out to be invaluable. At the time of planning our circumnavigation we had a vague idea of our needs during the planned 3.5 years of cruising in remote areas and we can say that our fears and planning have proven correct.
We could not have completed the trip thus far (we are in the Mediterranean) without the knowledge given by you in your course, and your suggestions as to spare parts and tools to carry on board.
Hardly a day has gone by that hasn’t required the use of your suggested tools or the installation of one or other of the recommended spare parts.
I can’t stress how important it is that boat owners should understand and have a working knowledge of the systems on their boat before undertaking long range cruising.
… before attending your course I had never changed the oil or serviced the engine on this boat. I now do it regularly, with confidence in the outcome."
- How To Change Your Marine Diesel Engine Oil
- Wet Marine Exhaust System
- How To Bleed A Marine Diesel Fuel System
- Marine Diesel Engine Oil Systems
- Marine Diesel Engine Fuel
- Understanding A Marine Diesel Engine
- Marine Diesel Engine Troubleshooting
- The Mechanical Cycles Of A Marine Diesel Engine
- Marine Diesel Fuel
- Marine Diesel Engine Course
- Using Glow Plugs Or Heater Plugs In A Marine Engine
- Inboard Marine Diesel Fuel System
- Electronic Fuel Injection in a Marine Diesel Engine
- Marine Diesel Engine Servicing
- 20 Tips To Beat High Marine Diesel Fuel Costs