Become Your Own Marine Diesel Engine Mechanic!
The Basics Of Marine Diesel Engine Maintenance!
No matter what your level of experience you can learn the basics of how to repair your marine diesel engine and know that it is properly maintained … Learn which marine spare parts you absolutely MUST carry on board … Discover how to make emergency boat repairs on the water! Grab your copy of our beginners guide to Marine Diesel Engine Maintenance!
From the desk of Chris Miley
If you’re as passionate about your boat as I am then you’ll want to read all of this letter because I want to answer your marine diesel engine repair questions and help you solve your marine diesel engine problems.
Whether you are a weekend boater or a long-distance sailor you must be able to maintain and repair your marine engine and make running repairs when on the water. Lack of engine knowledge can lead to disaster!
So, if you want to understand your marine diesel engine … then please keep reading.
Here’s why …
A couple of years ago I met shipwright Laurence Burgin when he was doing some work on my boat. (By the way, that’s my power catamaran “SeaChange” at left.) Laurence is a shipwright with more than 20 years experience on a wide variety of vessels. He also teaches marine diesel engine maintenance for beginners at yacht clubs along the east coast.
I attended one of Laurence’s marine diesel engine maintenance courses and the knowledge I gained has enabled me to do much of the regular engine maintenance on my boat myself. I still get the service guy from the engine manufacturer to do some of the more complex maintenance but with what I can now do myself I’ve saved thousands of dollars.
More importantly, I have confidence that I can handle a marine engine emergency out on the water!
“At Last! All the information you need to begin MAINTAINING AND REPAIRING YOUR OWN MARINE DIESEL ENGINE has been assembled into one book!”
Laurence has now decided to make his marine engine manual available to the wider boating community in the form of a downloadable e-book. So, whether you want to do your own engine maintenance or just want to have a better understanding of how your marine engine works for your own safety then this book is for you.
This is not just a “What To Do” book … it’s a “How To Do It” Book!
It doesn’t matter what sort of marine diesel engine your vessel has – Volvo Penta, Yanmar, Perkins, Cummins, or any other – I know you’ll find this marine engine workshop manual invaluable.
Now, whether you’re a weekend sailor, or planning your own circumnavigation, this book is an investment in your boating safety.
Here is just SOME of the information you’ll find inside:
- Understand the mechanical cycles.
- Discover the components in a typical raw water cooled engine.
- Learn about the fuel system and understand why tanks must be kept clean and full.
- Understand the engine layout and engine alignment.
- How to bleed the fuel lines, and understand the fuel system schematic.
- How to change a fuel filter with complete step-by-step instructions.
- Understanding a marine oil system.
- How to change marine engine oil.
- Understand the marine exhaust system.
- Discover which tools you MUST carry on board and also the additional tools you should have for offshore sailing.
- Learn about marine engine cooling and raw water pumps and cooling system checks.
- Discover how to replace the sea water pump impeller. Includes an impeller troubleshooting guide.
- Unravel electrical theory and systems.
- Understand basic electrical circuits.
- Discover how to balance your battery usage.
- Understand the use of glow plugs or heater plugs.
- Recommended spare parts
- And there’s MUCH more – guaranteed!
Take control of your marine engine now!
By investing in this book you can start to effectively maintain and service your marine diesel engine. In fact, you’ll be able to start today because this is an electronic book that can be downloaded to your Kindle reader in a flash. That means that you can be reading it and discovering how to maintain your marine diesel engine in as little as 5 minutes from now.
To attend Laurence Burgin’s course on marine diesel engine basics would cost you hundreds of dollars, however, I’m making the Kindle version of the manual available to you for only $2.99.
Wishing you years of safe and happy boating,